Editable PDF Instructions
How to Enter & Format Text
My editable PDF tags/labels work with Adobe Reader 9.0 and newer versions. You can download the
most recent version of Adobe Reader here: http://www.adobe.com/products/reader.html. These
instructions are specific to Adobe Reader X.
1. Save the PDF file to your computer
2. Open the PDF file in Adobe Reader
3. Click in the text area
4. Type your text
5. Click outside the text box
Now, you will probably want to adjust the size of the text, choose your own font, and change font
colors if you like. This is what you will do…
*You will be able to use any font that is currently saved on your computer. If you would like a different
font, you can go to http://www.dafont.com for lots of options!
1. Highlight the text you would like to format
2. Select the “VIEW” menu
3. Select “Show/Hide”
4. Select “Toolbar Items”
5. Select “Properties Bar”
6. You can now use the options in the Properties Bar to change the font, font size, font color, positioning, etc.
1. In the “Properties Bar,” select “More”
2. Select the “Paragraph” tab
3. To move the text, use the “Alignment,” “Indents,” and “Spacing” options.
4. To decrease spacing between lines when creating a multi-line text, hit shift + enter to make a “soft return”
(the first and second lines will have very little space between them.) Play around with the different alignment
options to get a feel for what options you have!